The #GiveYourMoneyToWomen hashtag is not a false flag or troll by 4Chan as far as I can tell - it's an earnest effort from a feminist to champion the idea of giving money to women because they deserve it for...being women.
The campaign was started by a feminist calling herself Lauren Chief Elk and here's the mission statement (on Tumblr of course).
GiveYourMoney is a global movement. We are unifying women to a cause that slices to the heart of women’s issues: access to capital and resources. This is a global movement to be compensated for our years and lifetimes of unpaid emotional, physical, sexual, and intellectual labor. You treat us like resources and then get mad when we realize how to turn that back on you. Monetizing the male gaze.
The first few tweets from the creator of the tag:
- Ladies, post your PayPals. It’s Friday & I’m sure men have #FF you because they’ve “learned so much”. #GiveYourMoneyToWomen”
- It’s time for them to compensate your intellectual and emotional labor. #GiveYourMoneyToWomen”
- We deserve our wife, girlfriend, woman existing in this world bonuses aka rightful compensation.#GiveYourMoneyToWomen”
Women came out in droves on twitter demanding money and posting their Paypal addresses and Amazon wishlists expecting compensation for their "emotional labor":
Then the backlash started:
- #GiveYourMoneyToWomen because men don't really NEED it, amirite? pic.twitter.com/UQrg5W8HY7
- Does a donation to #WomenAgainstFeminsim count? #GiveYourMoneyToWomen
- #GiveYourMoneyToWomen If I can't open a door for you without being sexist how can I open my wallet?
- Worldwide, women earn $18 trillion and spend $28 trillion. https://t.co/ZHSnC2h3wO … The #GiveYourMoneyToWomen hashtag worked!
And my favorite which lead to the title of this submission:
- #GiveYourMoneyToWomen is literally just people going "Give me cash or I'll call you a misogynist" This is feminism's final form.
While all of the above is generally amusing, the most TRP-relevant topic is how a feminist treats a supplicating beta who is on her side:
She has complete and utter contempt for him, and he eats it up. #DontBeThatGuy
EDIT: Looks like the white knights are falling for it. I can only hope that this is a troll.
Thanatos // @Femonade 8h8 hours ago
I gave money to @Spacekatgal, @Quinnae_Moon, @bad_dominicana and @ChiefElk. Other men w/ stable financials, put up. #GiveYourMoneyToWomen
A few articles on the phenomenon: