I've been doing a lot of mulling around lately about RP theory and I'm depressed about the future of men and women. Don't know where else to post this except here. My thoughts are up for discussion or for comforting ;)
1) Women don't have to marry anymore because they can make their own living and choose to make their own life choices.
2) Traditionally minded men have more difficulty marrying nowadays because the economy is in shambles and a lot of high paying jobs are given to single women due to feminism.
3) It's considered prude or old-fashioned to live apart until marriage, and nowadays if you follow this rule you are a specific kind of religion, and if you're not, people think you're ridiculous for thinking this.
3) Men can cook and take care of themselves and thus lessens the need for a woman to help out at home. A man really only needs to marry to have children, not for love.
4) Due to social media and the Internet, it's easy to find friends, hook-ups or relationships. That means there's less incentive to stay with the same person for the rest of your life. Both men and women can find temporary companionship easily now.
5) Since a lot of women are so financially independent now, traditional men don't know what their purpose is anymore, the one they learned from their fathers.
6) With women being so independent, men lost the need and urge to protect them. If you're not an independent woman, you're mocked for not being able to fend for yourself, and men are brainwashed into thinking they want a woman just as successful as them. So if you're not an interesting and ambitious woman, your SMV is lower.
The bottom line is that I feel traditional thinking is not appreciated anymore. It feels like people think the way to "advance society" is to move toward this type of liberal thinking/feminism, and the people who are "stuck" in the conservative pre-feminism era are considered lame or ridiculous.