Summary: Thanks to the unchecked weight gain in the USA, it's becoming even harder to find quality women in America.
The average American woman weighs 166.2 pounds, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As reddit recently pointed out, that's almost exactly as much as the average American man weighed in the early 1960s.
When you think about how much taller and more muscular a man is than a woman, you'll realize that this is a rather shocking development. (Yes, men and women are getting taller, but it is still surprising.) If you look at average weight in the USA over the years, you'll realize that American women in the 60s, 70s, and even 80s were mostly slender and beautiful.
This oft-referenced video shows what American women were like in the late-60s/early-70s. Not only are they slender, but they also have an innocence to their facial expression that is absent today. The movie Catch Me If You Can also portrays the women of the 60s as slim and innocent.
If you have the opportunity, check out some high school yearbooks from past eras and compare them to yearbooks today. You'll be shocked at the difference, both at the weight gain and at the facial expressions.
As I wrote in a previous submission, "Why are attractive American women are so picky compared to other attractive women around the world?", the obesity epidemic in the USA contributes to an increasingly competitive environment to find quality American women.
Obesity: Over 65% of US women are overweight or obese. This will tend to make the men compete for the less than 35% that have normal figures, and thus the attractive women are that much more selective. (Over 70% of US men are overweight or obese, and they will still be competing to date slim women.) Other countries obviously don't have this sort of obesity problem, so there are more attractive women to go around, and being slender and attractive isn't so rare even as women age.
This explains the entitlement you see in modern American women. You'll see many posters say things like, "That 6 was acting like she was a 9," and this is part of the reason why (see my past submission for other reasons). Think about the times you've seen a high SMV physically fit American man walking hand-in-hand with a low-SMV overweight American woman. Due to the increasingly competitive environment, even overweight women are being pursued.
This is one reason why it is important to travel as a single man. You'll find that there are entire countries where the women are slim and beautiful. You'll see that the attitudes change quite a bit too, e.g. many of the advertisements and other media revolve around a woman trying to attract a man rather than vice-versa. Most importantly, you'll realize how completely skewed the social environment is in the USA.
- When most of the women are slender, the women have to compete more and the men have an easier time finding a lovely slender woman.
- When most of the women are overweight, competition for attractive women skyrockets due to supply and demand.
- American women are thus becoming very entitled with respect to their SMV. Even overweight women are pursued in this environment.
- If you want to find a quality American women, you'll have to up your game a few notches higher than the men of the previous generation.
- Men are getting heavier too - but being slender is not as important for a man as it is for a woman.
- Men in the US who are not in the top tier might want to consider either becoming top-tier or going overseas to meet women, as there are still many countries where the majority of women are slender.
- Men from overseas are probably better off not going to the USA to meet women.