TL:DR: Vanity Fair September 2015 article dives into the cultural decline of the modern American dating scene, effectively describing WHAT is happening but without going a step further and assessing the ramifications of the current culture on civilization as a whole. Also, blaming men.
There are plenty of juicy quotes in the article, but I'm going to summarize.
Three Chads discuss how many women they fuck off of Tinder in NYC. It's very clear these guys have abundance mentality, which snowballs their success even further. One even describes "playing the beta" in order to rack up his notch count. This is the world you've created, ladies.
Of course the article asks "Is this good for women?" It doesn't care about whether it's good for men or society as a whole- disposable gender and all. Women feeling de-valued? Deep down they realize that the higher their n-count, the lower their value in the SMP is.
Oh fine, I'll do one quote. From a female Professor of Sociology:
“For young women the problem in navigating sexuality and relationships is still gender inequality, Young women complain that young men still have the power to decide when something is going to be serious and when something is not—they can go, ‘She’s girlfriend material, she’s hookup material.’ … There is still a pervasive double standard. We need to puzzle out why women have made more strides in the public arena than in the private arena.”
The answer is simple: Men are the gatekeepers of commitment, women are the gatekeepers of sex. As a corollary- Men's commitment is more valuable than a woman's sex, and more and more men are realizing that.
Additional talk referencing a study in which millenials are having less sex than Gen X'ers and Baby Boomers- the thought doesn't occur to them that the top 20% are drowning in pussy, while the remaining 80% are getting nothing. Be in the top 20%. Even better, aim for the top 20% of the top 20%.
“It seems like the girls don’t have any control over the situation, and it should not be like that at all,” Fallon says."
“Sex should stem from emotional intimacy, and it’s the opposite with us right now, and I think it really is kind of destroying females’ self-images,” says Fallon.
Awww, the poor self-images. How about it's kind of destroying western civilization? You reap what you sow, especially when you can't control dem tinglez.
“But if you say any of this out loud, it’s like you’re weak, you’re not independent, you somehow missed the whole memo about third-wave feminism,” says Amanda.
Deep down she realizes something isn't quite right, but the "you-go-girl" mentality that has been drilled into her from a very young age ultimately pervades. This is progress, right? Then why aren't you happy?
There's plenty of RP gold in the rest of the article- thought that it was relevant to share.
If you're in the top 20%, online dating is a gold mine. Take your pick of who you want to fuck- just make sure to be Chad.
If there's a perceived cultural issue, the first response is to ask: "How is it affecting the women!?" Nobody cares about men or society as a whole.
Women can sense that something is not right- remember, they're programmed just as we are, and they ultimately suffer equally as much if not more in the long run than men.
Never forget how valuable your commitment as a man is, and never ever initiate exclusivity with a woman. Deep down they know that it's their job to win your commitment, and initiating monogamy with a woman is a surefire way to paint yourself as a beta in her mind.