I have been reluctant to post here, but I think this will be of interest to the community. How many of y'all watched the Netflix special Dave Chappelle comedy come back tour double event? I think the line he dropped about marriage was the most powerful moment of the entire series. I honestly don't know if this video will get taken down or this post deleted.
Dave Chappelle: Marriage is Nothing but an Awful Contract You Shouldn't Sign
One of the defining characteristics of the red pill has been discussion of social theories that buck mainstream culture.
TRP's mission is to discuss men's identity, sexual strategy, and options in the context of our current global culture for the benefit of men.
Edit: IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE APPROXIMATELY 20,000 PEOPLE WHO SAW THIS VIDEO, CONTAINING A BRIEF CLIP FROM DAVE CHAPPELLE'S RECENT STAND-UP ACT AND SUBSEQUENT FREEZE FRAME / AUDIENCE ANALYSIS... I AM SORRY TO INFORM YOU THAT THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED AND A COPYRIGHT STRIKE HAS BEEN PLACED ON MY YOUTUBE ACCOUNT
I was under the impression that the format I used where I showed a brief clip and then provided analysis/social commentary was legal and falls under the category of "fair use." I would appreciate if anyone in this community (especially if you saw the video so you know what you're talking about) could offer an opinion/guidance as to whether or not I should pursue a counter notification against the copyright holder.
Counter Notification Basics
A counter notification is a legal request for YouTube to reinstate a video that has been removed for alleged copyright infringement. The process may only be pursued in instances where the upload was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, such as fair use. It should not be pursued under any other circumstances.
If your video was removed but does not fit the criteria above, you may want to seek a retraction, or simply wait for your strike to expire.
Please note that when we forward the counter notice, it will include the full text of the counter notice, including any personal information you provide. The claimant may use this information to file a lawsuit against you in order to keep the content from being restored to YouTube.
By submitting a counter notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter notification to any party other than the original claimant.
Counter notifications must be submitted by the video’s original uploader or an agent authorized to act on their behalf, such as an attorney
Here's some information:
In the United States, fair use is determined by a judge, who analyzes how each of the four factors of fair use applies to a specific case.
1. The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
- Courts typically focus on whether the use is “transformative.” That is, whether it adds new expression or meaning to the original, or whether it merely copies from the original. Commercial uses are less likely to be considered fair, though it’s possible to monetize a video and still take advantage of the fair use defense.
2. The nature of the copyrighted work
- Using material from primarily factual works is more likely to be fair than using purely fictional works.
3. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
- Borrowing small bits of material from an original work is more likely to be considered fair use than borrowing large portions. However, even a small taking may weigh against fair use in some situations if it constitutes the “heart” of the work.
4. The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
- Uses that harm the copyright owner’s ability to profit from his or her original work are less likely to be fair uses. Courts have sometimes made an exception under this factor in cases involving parodies
I'M NOT LOOKING TO BUILD A "TRP LEGAL TEAM", JUST GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ON WHETHER OR NOT I SHOULD FIGHT THIS If you don't want to leave any public comment that could be misconstrued as legal advice or whatever, please send me a private message.
What do you think? Fair use? Or it was a good run and quit while I'm ahead?