Here's what you can look forward if men, by and large, continue feeding the beast of online dating (attention whoring apps)
1) Delaying of marriage
2) Fewer children born
3) Increased maternal age = greater prevalence of autism and other problems in children
4) Greatly educed ability to pair bond for both some men and majority women after spending a decade or more immersed in the hookup culture
5) Enormous stratification in the sexual marketplace (80/20 rule or even 90/10 - 95/5)
6) Massively overpumped egos on women resulting in sky high expectations and ****ty attitudes
7) Skewed sexual marketplace with illusion of massive abundance of alpha males on dating apps
8) Less incentive for females to compete based on appearance = more female fatties
9) More men looksmaxing to compete for mediocre chicks
10) Greater spread of venereal diseases, including strains of gonorrhea & chlamydia that are antibiotic resistant
11) More women replacing sex for the validation they receive online
We are essentially witnessing the complete destruction of the sexual marketplace that has been the norm for most of the past fifty years. This sexual marketplace was typified by a reliance on social circle and night time venues to facilitate hookups. Women's choices were constrained necessarily to the men within their immediate proximity. More importantly, these men had to approach her. If she wanted to meet a man she had to put in the effort to go out to a public venue with friends, or else rely on her social circle to introduce her to a man. This acted as an enormous brake on female hypergamy, and combined with social pressures and norms that encouraged early marriages (which have since decayed), the effect was that most young women did not have a high number of sexual partners and married by their early twenties.
Dating apps turn everything upside down. Women are given the illusion of having unlimited sexual options. They can engage in unimaginable levels of promiscuous behavior with complete impunity and secrecy - on the contrary only a small, and getting smaller, percentage of men can do this. Women now can easily **** a new guy every week for years at a time with their friends and family being none the wiser. And they can do so with essentially no investment of time or energy. It's an unlimited sexual buffet at women's fingertips. Can we really not expect them to gorge themselves until they've had their fill? Of course not, it's just human nature. And so they gorge. They get pumped and dumped by men with SMV's above their own who they have no hope of securing genuine commitment from. But they never forget that good dicking they got and will hold it against every subsequent man who doesn't measure up. Alpha widowhood is becoming the new normal, and all of its attendants follow: bitchy attitudes, enormous entitlement, selfishness, general unpleasantness, inability to love.
There's really no way around it. Dating apps have been a weapon of mass destruction dropped on the sexual marketplace. And most guys were left incinerated in a smoking crater. Of course, some men who have success online laud dating apps, but they're missing the bigger picture: what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander in this case. They're fortunate enough to be riding high on the blast wave of the explosion, but they're oblivious to the scorched earth behind them, and equally oblivious to the hard landing ahead.
Self improvement can't defeat this beast either. In todays marketplace, If you have already maximized your value as much as you possibly can and you are coming across better than 95% of men, this is still often insufficient, because the combined effects of developments in technology are in more cases than not sufficient to nullify your improvements, even if you have improved massively. Even if you do see positive results from self-improvement, all other things being equal, you would have almost certainly received far greater positive results from that very same amount of self-improvement before chicks had access to 1000 thirsty dudes on their phones.
On a brighter note:
Dating apps might be sowing the seeds of their own destruction. I'm seeing a lot of men getting frustrated with the return on investment from said apps all across the internet. Even extremely good looking men getting jaded of pumping 6's (which is the pinnacle of woman on these sites in 2017) only to get ghosted on later. Banning these apps isn't happening, but the conversation is worth starting simply to implant the idea in peoples' heads that these dating apps highly distort the sexual marketplace and result in great damage to individual men and women as well as society as a whole. What we can do about this gaping wound :
1) Delete these apps
2) Start talking to girls in real life
3) Have a low tolerance to the amount of shit you will take from any girl
4) Be quick to next chicks
5) Actively black knight fatties, by not so subtly shaming them publicly
6) Make your mission, not women, your goal
7) Don't give women cheap validation with nothing in return (that means stop liking profile pictures or commenting thirsty shit)