I overheard this fellow in his late 40s/early 50s chatting with a friend the other day. It was a story as old as time. Had I heard it 15 years ago I'd have been outraged, but hearing it this week was just a sad reminder that not everybody has read TRP and many men still believe the fairy tale lies.
The man illustrates a bitter, emotional divorce after almost 30 years together with multiple college-aged children. She had been cheating on him, in his bed, for the better part of year without his knowing.
The sad part, hearing this story, is his surprise that suddenly this woman that he thought he knew was operating under a completely different set of rules, and that she appeared to him to be a completely different person.
He still believed in morality and justice. Why would she act contrary to the promises she made? It just didn't make sense to him. The shock from this revelation will stay with him, likely until his time is over. The actors in his life he believed to be rational were anything but, and suddenly he is forced to acknowledge he doesn't understand the rules.
He described the all-too-common behavior of her re-labelling past events. I swear you could interchange every god damn woman in this scenario:
- She says she never truly loved me.
- She says one time, when we had sex and she was unenthusiastic about it three years ago, was actually rape now.
- She says I'm defective and only think about me.
- If she had just come clean when she first cheated I'd have been able to work with her to move past it!
- I asked her what she wanted, I told her we could fix it!
- I swear I don't recognize her anymore. She has a dead look in her eyes.
- Her behavior is so completely different it's like she's had an episode!
- She isn't even trying to end this amicably.
The pleading and negotiating is classic in blue pill conditioned men. The redefining of past events- well, anybody here who has been in a relationship or read the side bar can pin-point this as the lightswitch effect.
If you haven't read that, you should.
This woman blew up a family, upgraded to a new cock, justified all her actions to protect her ego, and did so with zero remorse or consideration for any of the lives she affected. Her husband, her kids, anybody.
And this 50ish year old man is surprised by all of these behaviors and helpless to prevent or stop it. He has never heard of any of this before... because it would have been misogyny to tell him.
Remember that is the opposition's position.
This man's blue pill conditioning made him a perfect stooge for her hypergamy to do its thing. He was used and discarded and she optimized her strategy.