Starting today, I will make a post every day for the next 7 days. If you read these posts with an open mind and willingness to learn and improve, I promise you, you will go from the weak, pathetic, excuse of a man you are now to a King. I want you to inscribe this in your brain - The boy must die for the man to live.
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.”
― Oscar Wilde
Why dress well?
You might think what's in it for you? People who judge others on their appearance are shallow. You should never judge a book by its cover. Is getting judged on your appearance fair? no, but is it a reality? yes, and as such you have to be prepared for this reality. Here's your first reality check slick; First impressions are the only impressions.
Your clothing communicates a lot about who you are as a person. Just like you make snap decisions about her, her, him and him. Other people make snap decisions about you based on the way you are dressed.
How to up your style game?
Every great outfit starts with the shoes. If you are wearing running shoes or steve madden shoes with every outfit you got a lot of work to do. I mean, really, how often do you look at a man’s shoes? which is why I want you to know that you can tell a lot about a man just by a glimpse at his shoes. Let's talk about the 3 categories that we can divide our shoes into.
1) Dress shoes: Every man's shoe wardrobe is built around the black dress shoe. It is the perfect shoe for when you are wearing a suit. However, most men never take a step ahead after they have their Mom buy them their first square toed black dress shoe. Gentlemen, I am here to tell you that we absolutely, most certainly should invest in the perfect brown dress shoe aka the sexier bad boy cousin of the black dress shoe. All in all, we will get one black dress shoe and one brown dress shoe. There are different types of dress shoes [oxford, monk strap, derby etc] on the market. My personal pick would be Black Oxfords and a Brown Wingtip Brogues or Brown double monk strap. I will post a link below for more details on the different types of shoes.
2) Boots: There is nothing sexier than the perfect pair of boots. From dressy to rugged and everything in between. Personally, I love the sturdiness that they provide compared to more casual shoes and of course the extra few inches that it adds to my height. I would stay away from hiking boots and gear more towards other dressier boots.
The three key styles I would like you to decide between are the chukka i.e something like Clark's desert boots, the Chelsea and the Derby. I would suggest getting one pair out of these three key styles. My personal pick for guys who don't have super wide feet would be a brown Chelsea boot but for guys with super wide feet, I would suggest Clark's desert boots.
3) Casual shoes: Casual shoes for when you are out and about. Key styles here would include vans, chuck taylors or loafers. My personal pick for guys 30 and above, loafers. For everyone else anything non-running shoes are fine.
The perfect pair of jeans is a MUST for any man's wardrobe. Invest wisely and you will spend as much time out of them as you do in them.
1) Dark Denim: Do yourself a favour and get one right now! Make sure it's dark [almost indigo-esque] and doesn't have a lot of distressing and whiskering.
2) The casual blue: A little less dark and a little more distressed for your evenings with the boys. Stay away from stonewash
3) The sexy black: The black jeans is going to single handed-ly take your sexiness from here _ to here -.
My suggestion having one pair of each. And absolutely no but bling on any of your jeans.
There are so many different cuts of jeans available on the market. Stick to slim or straight. Those two cuts will be the most flattering.
One cannot live on jeans alone. Chinos are casual cotton pants for those days when it's too hot to wear jeans. My suggestion would be to definitely get the khaki chino.
You are a grown ass man and grown ass man don't wear shorts. And absolutely never ever cargo shorts.
Ah yes, the short sleeve t-shirt, how can we forget. Get some crew or v necks in black, white and grey. Make sure the V isn't too deep. To up your style game opt for a henley instead of a traditional t-shirt. Absolutely under no circumstances should you wear any t-shirt with big ass logos on them. Solid, simple, and clean. Style should always be simple but never basic.
Invest in some nice dress shirts for your more formal occasions and casual Oxford Collared Button Downs for your more casual looks. Highly recommend, getting a few of these. Tip: Medium blue looks great on everybody, regardless of your skin colour, eye colour and/or hair colour.
Every man needs that one perfect suit. Black for funerals. Light and charcoal grey, and blue suits are excellent additions to your wardrobe.
Sometimes it gets chilly and you need that sweet jacket. Peacoats, denim and leather jackets are all extremely stylish.
Now last and definitely THE MOST IMPORTANT factor in upping your style game is the FIT. Gentleman, if the fit of your clothes is not on point, it does not matter what you are wearing you will look like shit.
Your clothes need to fit you perfectly! Size down. Try the smaller size. Try out sizes at different retailers or pay the tailor tax but trust me, clothes that fit properly are 191935902135 better than clothes that drape you.
Some more important things:
1) Everything above is a suggestion, they are meant to be taken as guidelines and moulded to your age, preferences, and location.
2) The internet has a vast amount of information on style. Read and filter out based on your personal preferences. Don't like wearing t-shirts? Don't and swap them out for something else that you feel like a million bucks in.
3) Don't be afraid to be bold, take risks and express yourself through your clothes. No, improving your fashion sense and/or being bold is not gay
4) Remember fit is the most important factor in how you look in your clothes.
5) Never ever will you ever wear a t-shirt with that stupid eagle on it with your baggy ass jeans with your white socks and sneakers.
6) No shame in being the best-dressed guy in the room.
7) As a man, your clothes should signify power, status and your masculine physique aka broad shoulders and slim waist aka the V.
8) 'Slim and Trim' - Remember these words when buying clothing
9) Vertical Stripes make you look taller
10) Always match your belt with your shoes - It gives the appearance of longer legs
11) You can never go wrong with a White T-shirt and Blue jeans
12) And don't be an idiot here. If you are in a tough financial situation and can barely afford to pay your rent, don't go out and buy $300 pair of shoes.
2) https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaMconsulting/videos [look up his style makeovers to see how big of a difference it makes]
6) [slash R slash] malefashionadvice/